[time-nuts] 50:50 duty from a PRS10

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:48:36 UTC 2011

How close to 50% duty cycle do you need.  is 0.50 good enough or do
you need 0.500000000 ?  If all you need is 15% accuracy a 555 timer
set up to make a 0.5 second pulse would work but if you need better,
then maybe a phase lock loop with a much higher than 1Hz oscillator
and then you divide that down to 2Hz and the 2Hz triggers a flip flop.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:14 AM, ExpertEngineer
<expertengineer at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a PRS10 rubidium which gives a 1pps output.  The output is a 10 us
> positive pulse.
>
> I need to convert that to a 50:50 duty cycle pulse.  Still 1pps.
>
> I'm hoping for a simple circuit rather than having to use a pic.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California