[time-nuts] Spectracom 8140 distribution amplifier and the Taps- some application info

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jul 28 00:08:39 UTC 2011

Hi

Based on your data the floor of the taps are a bit lower than I thought. I have only looked at a full system end to end. I was looking at AVAR so the numbers would not compare directly.

Very few people have lab standards that run -120 dbc/Hz at a 1 Hz offset. Even fewer instruments have a floor below that. Looks fine for driving test gear. Not what you might choose for a phase noise standard.

Bob