[time-nuts] fluke.l monitor for Thunderbolt

Steve steve65 at suddenlink.net
Sat Jun 4 21:17:08 UTC 2011

About a year ago I installed one of the iCruze monitors from fluke.l on
a Thunderbolt GPS receiver. I paralleled the iCruze with the serial port
on my laptop PC. Sometimes the PC was connected, sometimes not. The
iCruze worked OK either way.

Last week I noticed the iCruze was no longer functioning as before. It
now alternates between two lines of text: "Trimble LED Monitor" and
"Waiting for GPS". Whether the laptop is connected or not does not make
a difference. The laptop running tboltmon works ok with or without the
iCruze paralleled across the serial data line.

I substituted another Thunderbolt and saw the same results.

The iCruze has about 10VDC on its power input.

I not particularly competent at serial communications or oscilloscopes,
but on the DB9 feeding the iCruze I can see the transition of voltage
from about -6VDC to about +6VDC. I didn't look at those voltage levels
when I installed the iCruze last year so I don't know if that's what it
has always been or not.

I have rebooted the iCruze several times as well as the Thunderbolt and
laptop, no change in iCruze behavior.

Any advice as to where to go from here?

Thanks.

Steve

--
Read The Patriot Post    Vertitas vos Liberabit