[time-nuts] 58503A, GPS vs UTC?

rtm at lcs.mit.edu rtm at lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jun 7 19:15:19 UTC 2011

I have an HP 58503A. It has an "Option H14,H19" sticker on the back. The
circuit board has "58503-60001 Rev C" stamped on it. It has been running
continuously and locked to GPS for a few days, and it knows the correct
number of seconds between GPS and UTC.

The unit displays GPS time, without the leap seconds correction. The
front-panel display says "GPS xx:yy:zz", and ":system:status?" says "GPS
1PPS Synchronized to GPS Time", not "to UTC" as the manual shows.

I'd be much obliged if anyone could tell me how to get the unit
to display UTC instead of GPS time.

Thank you,
Robert