[time-nuts] GPS interference and history...

James C Cotton jim.cotton at wmich.edu
Sun Jun 12 01:43:36 UTC 2011

Any enterprise large enough to have an IT deparment needs
precise timing.  The cheapest stratum one source is GPS.

I work at a Research II university and have several in our network.

The time is the public key for our routers that send encrypted
routing table updates to each other.

There are several "mushrooms" over the EE wing of the College of
Engineering, and at least one over the ME neighborhood for some
laser measurement equipment...

One EE lab that is doing some GPS signal analysis has at least one
16 way splitter...

Jim Cotton
n8qoh