[time-nuts] Lowloss cable?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:37:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Dick Moore <richiem at hughes.net> wrote:
> What's the best small diameter (<0.25") low loss coax? I need to run about 30' from my GPS antenna to a TBolt.

Low loss and a 0.25" diameter don't go together.  The loss generally
depends on the diameter.  The way to figure out what to buy is to
first specify the allowable loss you can tolerate, then buy whatever
cable has that much loss over a 30 foot run at the GPS frequency.

if 0.25" really is a hard requirement then the answer is LMR240.  But
why are you limited to only 0.25"?

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California