[time-nuts] Advanced 5 to 10 MHz doubler

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jun 14 19:00:16 UTC 2011

Luciano followed this up off list and found that the suggested
improvements (and others) worked well.
The performance now closely mimics that of the simulations.
Final results:

Input range +6 to +13 dBm
Gain 0dB ± 1 dB on the input range.
Output harmonics and subharmonics -60 dBc

He intends to write an article on it.

As yet he hasn't been able to measure the phase noise as this requires
using a pair of doublers with their outputs in phase quadrature.

Bruce