[time-nuts] Lyttleton Time Ball completly collapsed

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 01:26:02 UTC 2011

On 15 June 2011 10:13, <EWKehren at aol.com> wrote:

> I do not think this is funy. Bert Kehren
>
> True, and I don't think it was funny for the guy who had a ball that day :)

Sorry, only kidding, just couldn't resist, I'm not aware of anyone being
injured in that building.

I do hope they had already removed the mechanism and will go ahead and
rebuild it, in some form, as they have indicated up to now. There can't be
many of these timeballs in the world today and the loss of even one is
significant. They may not be at the same level as time-nuts today but they
were as significant as GPS in their day.

Steve

> In a message dated 6/14/2011 4:29:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> time-nuts-mail at tenpierick.com writes:
>
> >  Pity... Hopefully no one was working on the dismantling when nature
> decided
> > to help.
> >
> > Soon on eBay - "Slightly used  timeball - local pickup only..."
>
> You missed the: "Some assembly  required"  ;-P
>
> Greetings,
> Pieter.

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once. -
Einstein