[time-nuts] DPC Latency

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Sun Jun 19 21:42:36 UTC 2011

This was a good excuse to fix some driver issues. My mobo had an issue
with USB3. I also switched from IDE to ACHI on the Sata. [There is a
registry trick to do this. You can't just change the bios. At least for
windows.]

After all the tweaks, I think the D525 is always going to have 2ms
jumps. It is not a fast processor. I tried disabling drivers and it made
no difference.

Incidentally if you really want to get the latest drivers, you need to
run some hardware probing program to see what chips are on your mobo,
the get the driver from the chip manufacturer. The motherboard
manufacturer isn't always up to date.

I flashed the bios, but using PNP OS still gives better results.