[time-nuts] OT: Bob Pease died

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 19:12:00 UTC 2011

I think Bob died out of grief for Jim Williams. Jim's death came as a shock
 alredy. now Bob. I don't think Bob could stand it.

I had the great fortune to meet Jim about a year ago and to work with him
since then, and he was such a joy to be around. A mentor and teacher par
excellence. Both of them had such impact on me and all we do here over the
last two decades.

Here is a letter Bob wrote about Jim shortly before his death as posted by
one of the commentators from the below link:

From: Robert Pease
Date: 06/18/11 05:05:08

I worked for him as a kid at Philbrick on band gap reference  development.

The impact this guy had on me as a kid are deeply ingrained.

He was bigger than life,untamed, invincible, an analog hero. An icon. A
showman. A Czar.

They came from around the world to see him. His office, his breadboards,It
was non stop fun and excitement.

Then he calls us to an awards meeting. I was only 19. He gives the new CEO
the triple humper award.He pulls a three cup bra from a shopping cart.

I was in awe.Incredible entertainment.Justice served. Under the first cup a
 V/$ converter. Under the third cup a F/$ converter.

I thought this was the most incredible event I had ever witnessed.Until he
unveils the third cup contents. He reaches into his pants and pulls out his
 letter of resigation.

He quit,efffective immediately to go to National. I was in shock!
Betrayed.When he left there was a vacuum.I feel it again.

I feel so fortunate I was able to experience him, and so many other
talented and interesting people in the industry.

He will be missed by all.

Ralph

In a message dated 6/20/2011 09:45:11 Pacific Daylight Time,