[time-nuts] DDS'ery

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Mon Jun 20 22:04:38 UTC 2011

You did a good job just finding the title. Socrates search?

I looked at it in the flesh in the Terman library. I suppose the dissertation can be purchased.

I left out hyperbolic functions. I'm not sure if it can compute logs. I had need once to compute a log and found an old paper from IBM for a log algorithm.

We did a DTMF with a coordic. This was all part of a DSP based modem, unique for its time, routine to the point of boredom today. The DTMF accuracy was of course spot on. Basically once you have the algorithm in the box, you might as well use it, even if the quality is overkill.

I don't have Marvin's Frerking's book on DSP comms because I left that field before it was published, but I am told it covers cordic and similar algorithms. If you google Marvin Frerking cordic, some of his book is digitized in google books.