[time-nuts] 60 Hz measurement party

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Sun Jun 26 00:18:49 UTC 2011

RDS is a frequency standard?
-----Original Message-----
From: Kasper Pedersen <time-nuts at kasperkp.dk>
Sender: time-nuts-bounces at febo.com
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 01:53:02
To: <time-nuts at febo.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] 60 Hz measurement party

On 06/26/2011 01:07 AM, Tom Van Baak wrote:

> Extrapolating further, I wonder if anyone has done common view
> time transfer based on synchronized power grids? Although not
> as precise as LF or TV or GPS methods it would make a nice
> demo of the concept.
>
> /tvb

http://n1.taur.dk/plcv/

(with pretty plots. Posted to 'nuts 1.5 years ago)

The two sites were on different 60kV radials, but within the same city.

I wonder what fun things one might deduce by watching the difference in
phase across the continent?

/Kasper Pedersen

The files on the site are pretty old. I still have this in operation to
a time server where I can get the space, power, and bandwidth, but not
the antenna space.