[time-nuts] 60 Hz measurement party

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Jun 26 13:48:10 UTC 2011

On 06/26/2011 04:04 AM, Hal Murray wrote:

> magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org said:
>> It could be interesting just to monitor the phase of the L1, L2 and L3
>> phases of the house. :)
>
> Is 3 phase standard in (some/most/?) European homes?

We are off-topic here, so let's keep this sub-thread short.

I can't speak for the rest of Europe, as these things is certainly
something which differs over the continent.

In Sweden it is fairly common to have three-phase in the house or
apartment. I suspect this is true for many neighbouring countries.

Norway at least used to have a 230 VAC rather than 400 VAC three-phase
with no real null. Hope they build themselves away from that.

Cheers,
Magnus