[time-nuts] 60 Hz measurement party

Raj vu2zap at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 14:27:58 UTC 2011

In India we have 50 Hz +- 2Hz !! Clocks that run on mains frequency needed to be modified with a NS chip that ran off a NTSC color xtal.

Homes used to be "All electric" in the old days with 3 phase (Like mine). I have had the neutral in the cable burn up due to road digging and lost a lot of equipment due to imbalance.
Now most homes are single phase 220v.

Cheers
Raj