[time-nuts] How accurate are cheap radio controlled clocks?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 16:37:11 UTC 2011

From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby at .....>
[]
> I was using 198.00 kHz longwave here in the UK. Unless there's some
> digital processing going on before the signal is AM modulated, this
> can't explain the problem.

David,

I'm listening to the Radio 3 FM transmission in Central Scotland.  The
07:00 pips appear to be spot on when compared to my GPS-locked PC, using
my simple analog clock program:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/software/disk.html#TinyBen

It sounds as if your radio clock is off, so as others have suggested, try
positioning it for a clear, interference-free good strength signal and
retest.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu