[time-nuts] How accurate are cheap radio controlled clocks?

Will Matney xformer at citynet.net
Sun Jun 26 16:49:39 UTC 2011

I have a cheapie digital "atomic" clock I bought at Walmart several years
ago, and I forget the brand, but it works spot on with my PC's clock. That
is as long as you make sure to place it where the signal is strong enough
for it to update itself. However, it does not update all the time, and
reads the WWVB signal at around 4 in the afternoon and at several times to
sync itself. I think they set it at that time because of signal strength on
the east coast being it strongest about then.

Best,

Will