[time-nuts] 60 Hz measurement party

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 03:47:22 UTC 2011

On 6/26/11 8:23 PM, Jim Lux wrote:

> I just have to look for a set of towers with a single duplex cable.
>
> (actually a bit of googling found a report
>
> www.kentercanyon.org/index.php/download-public-docs/doc/25/raw
>
> )

OK.. the electrodes are about a mile off shore from Gladstone's-4-Fish
on PCH (for those of you familiar with the area). The onshore vault is
in their parking lot.

I wonder what it looks like, and how deep the water is?  ANd whether one
would want to dive there when it's turned on?

Fascinating.. it runs 20 hours a year..

There's a some folks concerned about the overhead line going near/over a
school.  I'll bet they didn't actually know the line is unenergized
virtually all the time.