[time-nuts] 60 Hz measurement party

Lee Mushel herbert3 at centurytel.net
Mon Jun 27 18:02:32 UTC 2011

Well, I guess my response to your invitation to comment won't be any worse
than "pip" time.   I live in a rural area where this so-called "stray
voltage" was a problem for years.   I guess no "real electrician" ever said
anything because everyone was certain that a solution to such an obvious
problem would be known to everyone "tomorrow."   But it never happened!
And this so-called "mystery" went on for years!   And one day I got a phone
call from my neighbor, "horse Bob" saying that his horses couldn't drink
from the water tank.   He was certain that they were receiving a "shock" as
soon as their noses touched the water.

I went down to his "paddock" and installed enough grounds to overcome the
general lack of such on his property and then went home.   The horses were
drinking normally.   A couple of hours later he called and said "the problem
is back."   A puzzled me went for another visit and discovered that he had
removed all of my grounding provisions.   When I asked him why he had done
that I was informed that "those wires and rods are unsightly."

Lee   K9WRU