[time-nuts] Three Phase Power

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jun 28 05:55:19 UTC 2011

In message <2292.12.6.201.196.1309211348.squirrel at popaccts.quikus.com>, "J. For
ster" writes:

>IMO, smart meters are a greased, very slippery, slope toward power
>rationing or fines for "overconsumption"

Or, if they make your electricity bill go down:  An fair attempt to make
the consumers pay the correct price for their actual usage.

It's all a matter of perspective.

I was quite surprised when I read in SF.Chron recently that there
are consumers in No.Cal who pays more for a kWh than we do here in
Denmark, (.38$/kWh) I thought we had the highest (taxed) rates in
the civilized world, but I guess not.

Energy never was cheap, we just deluded ourselves into thinking so.

Poul-Henning