Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 21:35:20 UTC 2011

You mean you want an audio interface that can accept an external
clock?   These are common.  Must mid to high level interfaces allow
you to select the clock source.  It is a very important feature if you
are recording so the playback is at the exact correct pitch

I have a "Firebox" made by Presonus.  It is a Firewire/Audio interface
that accepts a clock via  s/pdif.
http://www.presonus.com/products/detail.aspx?productid=4
I use it for audio, home studio kind of stuff but also as a front end
for a software o'scope and spectrum analyser.   The Firebox has
several balanced inputs, takes single ended too and has two 55dB gain
pre-amps.

To find more of these, and there are plenty with prices from about
$150 to four digits, you need to shop some place that sells to
musicians and recording engineers and not to gamers and home theater
people.   IMO the best retailer to work with a sweetwater.com they
have free shipping, free extended warenty and life time free tech
support (no I don't work there)  What makes then unique is that they
have a recording studio on site and real audio engineers to talk to.
 Call them and explain what you need to do just don't be shocked at
the difference in price from grammer sound card and pro audio gear.
(I got the Firebnox on sale for about $250)

BTW, do you really need PCI?  The best stuff is going to be Firewire
interfaced and then USB.  The inside of a PC chassis is just the worst
place to pick up electronic "hash" and EMI.  Sensitive electronics
like this does best in it's own box and with it's own power supply.

OK, in short, your problem is common. Any recording studio would want
all their DA and AD converters running of the same master clock.  Lets
of people sell this

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California