[time-nuts] Fwd: Atomic Clock on a chip, only $1500

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 06:59:00 UTC 2011

Hi Dan,

the CSAC has been discussed here a couple of months ago. I will use your
post as a shameless plug of our CSAC GPSDO that we did in cooperation with
Symmetricom, as we are now allowed to talk about the product.

Here is a brochure, press release, user manual and other resources for the
CSAC GPSDO:

   _http://www.jackson-labs.com/index.php/products/csac_
(http://www.jackson-labs.com/index.php/products/csac)

We basically take the pain out of using the CSAC so the user doesn't have
to worry about designing software, doing a PCB layout, building low-noise
power  supplies, configuring the GPS receiver, and building a signal
distribution  amplifier. We also take the edge of CSAC lead times.

Basically you get a plug-and-play unit that requires very minimal design-in
 and works very well out of the box.

Some advantages of the CSAC GPSDO compared to legacy oscillators:

  Temp range from -40C to +85C (hard to find in any competitive  product)
  Cesium lock time of typically less than 60 seconds (ditto)
  Less than 1.4W power consumption, less than 0.15W for CSAC alone, 5V  to
36V operation
  lower height than most oscillators (OCXO, Rb, etc etc)
  True atomic operation for holdover

50-channel GPS receiver with WAAS, Auto-Sensing of velocity for  Kalman
parameters, Auto-Survey Position-Hold mode feature, and -160dBm tracking
capability
  Extremely low g-sensitivity
  Phase Noise post-filter, and 3-axis  accelerometer

bye,
Said