[time-nuts] TEC party file format?

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Thu Jun 30 15:12:42 UTC 2011

At 01:31 PM 6/28/2011, Tom Van Baak wrote:
>>I'm planning on counting 60Hz line cycles with some embedded
>>hardware, then dumping the count over RS-232 every minute or so to
>>a linux box running ntp.  Any thoughts on what data to log?
>
>Scott,
>
>You have a PC and RS232? Skip the embedded hardware.

Too late.  I lashed it up last night, dumping the cycle count to a
linux box at 60 Hz.  Now I'm rethinking the 60 Hz logging, as it's
rapidly filling up the disk!  (This is a Sun Ultra 60, not a PC,
running an old and small SCSI drive.)

>The file format I use is mjd,te. mjd = modified julian date, and
>te = time error (the cumulative phase error, in seconds).

Any advice on an easy way to convert my timestampts from time_t to
mjd?  I'm using C here.

I think I'll change the logging from 60Hz to 1Hz, at least on the sparc box.

--
newell