[time-nuts] KO4BB.com back on line (OT)

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:28:42 UTC 2011

Sorry for the OT, but I know a lot of time-nuts subscribers use my site, so
I wanted to make sure you know what happened.

My site was infected by malware on March 1st. Google reported my site as
infected and sent me an email around 11:00 AM CST.
Several people notified me in the afternoon and evening.
It appears someone cracked my ftp password and modified one file.
I was able to identify and eliminate the malware late last night. The site
is now clean.
The malware infected all html pages via a common header file that is
included on all the html pages.
However, the Manuals pages use Perl scripts that use another header file
which was not infected.

If you accessed regular web pages between March 1st and March 2nd, and if
you did not get a warning from your browser, your computer may be infected.
If you only accessed the manual pages, you probably did not notice anything,
and everything is good.
I use the latest release of Firefox and Firefox would not let me load the
web pages from my site while the header was infected.

Thank you for your support,

Didier KO4BB