[time-nuts] latest on the lightsquared 'saga'

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Mar 4 13:04:25 UTC 2011

Hi

Indeed this is my fear. The authorization really has very little to do with filling in dark holes in the sat coverage and everything to do with setting up a full blown terrestrial system. This is not going to be a "far away and easily ignored" thing. If you have cell phone coverage, you will likely have this stuff as well. The level may or may not be enough to take your timing gear off the air. It will take it down for a number of us.

Bob