[time-nuts] GPS Filter

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Sat Mar 5 02:38:14 UTC 2011

I used the 0.5 dB number for loss as a worst case. Of course they are
available. They are available even lower, and even at higher frequencies.
Whether or not is trivial is not relevant. What is required is relevant.
This would of course be relevant in small handheld disadvantaged GPS
receivers, but, for roof mounted time-nuts use it should not be a problem.
Even some indoor use it would be fine. If you really feel that you need less
than 0.5 dB of NF, get the numbers. What is the typical RIP from the various
birds at various locations? Then knowing Ga and NF you can calculate C/N and
Eb/No required for the processors to work with acceptable error. Anyway,
enough on this. This is something I can personally handle and am not
worried. Besides, imagine if all of the sudden millions of Cell phones
became useless. Just not going to happen. - Mike

Mike B. Feher, EOZ Inc.
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731
732-886-5960 office