[time-nuts] MiniMac 2816AT

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 05:21:44 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Sorting through my old junk and this beast peaked its head above the pile. I
opened it up not even knowing what it was. Seeing  "Antenna", "1PPS" and "10
MHz" connectors did get me wondering if it was a GPS unit. It's quite large
and heavy. It contains a large (in size!) hard drive and what looks like an
OCXO - not to mention lots of good 80's hardware. And built like a tank.

Not much on the web about this unit.

It does seem it's the equivalent of a giant Thunderbolt.

It needs 115V and so I can't power it up (yet), but I was wondering does
anyone know anything about these beasts or even have a manual of any form?

Regards,

Jim Palfreyman