[time-nuts] Where does the VXI E1740A fit in ?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:11:16 UTC 2011

Indeed as I am slowly learning there is a gap in equipment vintage thats a
black hole.
Late 80s to 2005 approx. This is the point that the various test instruments
went more to a hybrid mix of hardware and software with external software
loads. When you pick up an instrument there are rarely any software disks.
Though on 2 occasions I have been lucky. A pair logic analyzers Tek and HP
obtained less then a week apart, go figure.
Then about 2001 to now and in the future very good/reasonable home brew gear
showed up with essentially open software and using the power of the PC and
modern chips sets.
Its unfortunate that the gap exists because I have seen some great gear at
the MIT flea market and obvious as heck 0 chance to make it operational.
Regards