[time-nuts] Temex LPFRS-01 analog frequency adjustement

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 7 19:10:13 UTC 2011

On 03/07/2011 07:45 PM, Mark Spencer wrote:
> Thanks.   I recall seeing documentation that more or less said that directly
> connecting these units to an RS232 port will typically work but is not
> guaranteed.  If you are able to easily check your unit that would be great but I
> will likely try connecting mine to an RS232 port in the next few weeks.

It's easy enough to access. But much easier is it to go to Spectratime
website and download the manual:
http://www.spectratime.com/products/isource/
http://www.spectratime.com/documents/lpfrs_manual.pdf

Already on page 1 I can read the label of the photo which says

6 : TXD (TTL)
9 : RXD (TTL)

Which is a good hint. Start reading at page 10 in the manual.

> I wanted to get a sense of how well the unit is working prior to putting to much
> effort into this.   As it arrived with a circuit board that includes a frequency
> adjust trimmer it was pretty simple to test.
>
>   The spec sheet indicates that the smallest frequency step for  RS 232 control
> is 1X10-11, and I was also curious if finer frequency control was possible via
> the analog frequency adjust input.   I suspect that 1 x 10-11 is the limit but
> I'm not 100 percent sure of this.

See page 13 of the manual and you fill find your confirmation.

As for status, the serial interface should give you a bunch of status
report. I just haven't taken the time to hook it up.

Cheers,
Magnus