[time-nuts] Spacecraft Timekeeping

Kevin Watson time-nuts at enuuf.com
Wed Mar 9 05:08:41 UTC 2011

Hi All. Thanks for responding. There are quite a few GPS receivers that will
work outside of the usual commercial-grade GPS limitations, but I'm not too
sure I need such a receiver. As my application is to just accuratly time-tag
messages for a data recorder, my thinking is to allow a ruggedized GPSDO to
stabilize on the pad before launch, and then just before launch force the
GPSDO into holdover mode and act as the PTP grandmaster for the onboard
computers until we reach orbit. Once on orbit I have other means to
synchronize the PTP grandmaster.

-Kevin