[time-nuts] Spacecraft Timekeeping

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 9 19:07:42 UTC 2011

On 03/09/2011 07:58 PM, Kevin Watson wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
> As I said in an earlier message, this is an experiment that I want to
> run and would rather not touch mission and safety-critical GNC
> components, like our navigation GPS receivers. Mass is not an issue.

In that case, take a Thunderbolt, replace the OCXO with a more vibration
tolerant variant, slap an antenna on the top, force it to hold-over mode
just before launch and you are all done.

For best performance you want to tune up the Thunderbolt parameters to
the new OCXO, which is a nice static exercise.

For a test it would suffice.

Cheers,
Magnus