[time-nuts] 50/60 Hz clocks

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 22:38:01 UTC 2011

Be it 50 or 60 Hertz clocks if you do not want to alter it you need to use a
DC to AC converter. Generally these things are inexpensive and used for cars
or computer UPS systems. Though some of these actually have a square wave
out. Not great for the little motors.
Internally you would need to get into the thing that controls the 60 Hz
frequency and add your control in from the Tbolt by any number of
approaches. The other thing you need is a way to slew the clock forward or
back to synchronize it.
This is all fairly inexpensive I see APC UPS's at fleamarkets for very
little cost. Especially if the batteries are dead.
That would be my non HP approach to the problem.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL