[time-nuts] Datum Handbook of Time Code Formats

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Mar 12 05:21:01 UTC 2011

albertson.chris at gmail.com said:
> No need to create an account to download the file.  You only need one to
> either (1) download with un-limited speed or (2) to upload files. With no
> account just select the slow download option.

I can't tell if RapidShare are good guys or nasty marketers.

Yes, storing and downloading files costs something.  On the other hand it
doesn't cost much.

If I go to
  http://rapidshare.com/files/452123988/Handbook_of_Time_Code_Formats.pdf
I get a blank page.

If I look at the source, it says:
  <script type="text/javascript">location="/#!download|670l32|452123988|Handbo
ok_of_Time_Code_Formats.pdf|26241";</script>

So they are giving a URL that looks like a PDF but is actually a pile of
javascript.

If I go to http://rapidshare.com
  it tells me my browser is no longer supported.
I suspect what that really means is that I have javascript and/or cookies
disabled.

Below that, there is a form for creating an account without much of an
explanation of what that is good for and/or what they will do with the info.
(That won't work without javascript.)

For things like this, I generally wait until the file gets copied to a
friendlier web site.