[time-nuts] Datum Handbook of Time Code Formats

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat Mar 12 15:08:15 UTC 2011

In a message dated 12/03/2011 04:03:09 GMT Standard Time, bill at iaxs.net
writes:

Wizard, they want my name and email address. That can be sold to  anybody
to use on their mailing list of pushy offers. They offer a service  that
I do not want.

-----------------------

Hi Bill

I'm sorry to hear you continued to have problems and  do not know quite
where you ended up.

As others have pointed out,  Rapidshare, along with all the other so called
"free" file hosting sites do  their best to persuade downloaders to use
their paid services. Rapidshare and  most others do this by imposing time
delays for single downloads and increasing  time penalties for multiple
downloads. Some go further and seem to randomly lock  out downloaders claiming
they've failed too many "capthchas" or whatever, again  intended to cause enough
irritatiation that potential users just pay and be done  with it.

It's not ideal but I've been a paid account holder  with Rapidshare for
several years, they remain better than many who've come  since, and I stick
with them because they also remain quite tolerant of our  flakey broadband
connection for large uploads. I always request that downloaders  spread the
information to more user friendly sites such as Didier's excellent  manual
archive at _www.ko4bb.com_ (http://www.ko4bb.com) .

Rapidshare's business is file hosting and I don't suppose they're
particularly interesting in harvesting your personal details nor whether or  not
your use of IE6 would make much difference. I find Firefox to be much  more
user friendly so use that these days, but obviously it's your decision as  to
what you use and what sites you choose to avoid.

Unfortunately the file is too big to email or I'd just send you a copy but
I've checked Rapidshare and there's been 75 downloads so hopefully by  now
a copy will have been made available for you by another downloader.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR