[time-nuts] Prescaler for 53131

Samuel DEMEULEMEESTER sam at canardpc.com
Mon Mar 14 13:27:55 UTC 2011

Hi Hardy,

Building an OPT-030 clone is quite simple : you just have to tie a pin of
the internal connector to ground to enable the /128 ration as well as the
channel 3. Unfortunately, upper divider ratio used in OPT-050 and OPT-124
needs an hardware modification on the main PCB as well as a new firmware.
That's why OPT-030 is retrofittable by user but not OPT-050/124. And you
can't send a signal higher than 50 MHz on the divider clock input of the OPT
board without instabilities. So even with a prescaler able to goes up to 12+
GHz, you will be limited by the /128 divider to about 6 GHz.

Samuel DEMEULEMEESTER
Presse Non Stop - Canard PC
http://www.canardpc.com