[time-nuts] FE5860A CONNECTIONS

Murray Greenman Murray.Greenman at rakon.com
Tue Mar 15 02:27:57 UTC 2011

Dan,
Yes, you are right. There are so many variants of the FE-56xx devices
that I'm sure even FEI don't have a clue which is which!

The FE-5680 family are invariably single supply, although the connectors
vary. Pull the lid off and with an Ohm-meter trace the input to the
regulators back to the DB9 or DB15 connector to be sure. +15V should do
the job.

As far as my experience goes, only the 5650 family require dual supply.
Anyway, a sure way to check is by seeing if there are both +12V and +5V
regulator chips fitted in the power supply section behind the panel.

If you have any more questions, please ask. I have four different (and
working) FEI units of various models.

73,
Murray ZL1BPU