[time-nuts] Thunderbolt setup

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Mar 19 00:54:04 UTC 2011

Hi

It's not all that crazy. Unless you are going to buy a new home, there are a limited number of antenna locations possible. With almost any antenna, higher is better, and higher is harder to do. GPS is no different than most things in that respect. People do get TBolts working with living room antennas.

The biggest issue is the "keep it on all the time". I'm not sure a UPS is worth the money in this case, but a dedicated supply certainly is.

It's a hobby - have fun!

Bob