[time-nuts] BYMLBI (Back Yard Medium LBI)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Mar 19 07:34:41 UTC 2011

> Building your own backyard continental drift hardware would be high on the
> coolness scale.

That should be within reason for a semi-nut.  All it takes is a good GPS
setup.  The ballpark motion of the San Andreas fault is an inch per year.

Around here (Silicon Valley), it's reasonably common to see USGS monitoring
stations along the side of the road.  There is a big sturdy tripod with a
foot diameter antanna and a dome on top with a fence around it.  There is one
on the right as you are going south on101 a bit south of San Jose.