[time-nuts] Result of Earth Quake speeds up earth?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Mar 20 22:53:02 UTC 2011

Hi

I have no doubt that VLBI works. I'm also quite confident that with great big dishes and fancy attachments you can do a really good job. My confusion is more as this relates to the back yard "time the earth to 1 ms" (or 1 us) question.

Of the files that downloaded for me, the pptx file has some pretty good data in it. In slide 15, they show quite a bit of noise (100's of us) and "jitter" of 10's of us day to day. That's with a massive setup way beyond anything a backyard system is likely to achieve. The slide is justifying a longer baseline, but it's still pretty interesting data.

Bob