[time-nuts] HP 3586A/B/C entirely referenced to 10MHz: A solution

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:52:52 UTC 2011

Have worked with Bert and also implemented the same DDS with a different
controller but essentially the same scheme. It is working very well. Used it
last night to monitor wwvb 60 Khz on the eastcoast.

Using spectrum lab could not detect and wondering of the received signal at
the 1 Hz and sub Hz level. There is a DDS offset that is fixed and
predicted.
The signal sounded very clean. No funny or odd sounds or intermod that my
ears or spectrum lab could display.

The very hardest part of the project was soldering the AD5932 TSOP onto an
adapter board to add real wires.

Regards
Paul
WB8TSL