[time-nuts] 50/60 Hz clocks

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:44:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> wrote:
> Hi
 We're only driving a motor here, low distortion is hardly a requirement.

You mean this is for a mechanical clock?  Then telk of a 512K LUT is
pointless.  You need only 8-bit samples and to shore 90 degrees of the
sine function takes 64 bytes.     Yes the entire sine wave generators
would go into an 80 cent uP. that fits in an 8-pin package..   I've
seen examples of this in higher-end battery backup supplies and power
inverters.

I think I had a desktop computer in about 1980 that I used for word
processing mostly.   Itwas far less then what now can fit into an 8pin
dip and sell for under a buck.  I remember it had a 4Mhz 8-bit CPU
with about 32MB RAM
--
=====
Chris Albertson