[time-nuts] Parts Selection

Scott Burris slburris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:09:00 UTC 2011

Done it before: yes
Done it in the last 2 years: yes
Setup to do it in the basement:  yes, I use soldering iron and/or hot air and have a USB inspection microscope
Would I byt one?  Yes Yes Yes  I'm always on the lookout for more complex kits
Would do in a reasonable amount of time:  Yes

I've done multiple projects of my own with FPGAs in TQFP208 packages.
I've actually come to prefer SMD over through hole in most cases.  Current
complex project I'm working on is a spectrum analyzer:

http://www.scottyspectrumanalyzer.com/

Scott