[time-nuts] HG 414A Rubidium

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Mar 27 19:02:37 UTC 2011

On 03/27/2011 08:15 PM, Greg Broburg wrote:
> Do you believe the numbers?

Considering that I haven't had the manuals in readable form for making a
serious overhaul I am not judging it just yeat. It's a 19 year old
device. I know it has some problems, among those it has a HF on top of
the 5 MHz and 10 MHz outputs, so making quality measurements isn't
easy... on the level that the 10 MHz taken straight into the SR-620 says
something like 11 MHz... but treating it slightly (through a TADD-2
modded for clock output) makes reading reliable. It seems to sit stable
there so it behaves locked but off mark. I want to fix that and whatever
other things there is before I judge it.

These things doesn't ring major warning-bells for me. I've seen old
equipment before, so it's more a matter of having the time to find it
and solve it properly. Part of the problem is that the technical manual
is in German and the schematics and supporting documentation is in
russian. Neither of these languages is among the onces I master, so I
think I will focus on getting rough translation first.

I haven't figured out where the C-field adjustment is.

So... it is premature to make such a judgement of believing the numbers,
any Rubidium out of tune and in need of service can be this much off.

Cheers,
Magnus