[time-nuts] WWVB Measurements

Lenny Story lenny at Codematic.com
Mon Mar 28 02:41:23 UTC 2011

Chris,

The beginning of the second, and the starting of the 10ms samples is
detected with a tight asm loop. (Soon to be replaced with a high
priority interrupt line)  Once detected the sample portion of the
state machine runs at 10ms. And terminates at the 990ms (99th sample),
I process the received bit and  go back to the wait_for_start state.

My thoughts are that the second starts are where the accuracy needs to be.

I'm starting to get an idea of its pps accuracy (or do I really mean
"stability" ?). I ran a quick test having the mcu measure what it
thinks the length of a second is using the internal timers (auto
reloading). I need to do more research on how to properly characterize
it.

-lenny

--
Sent from my mobile device