[time-nuts] WWVB PPS clock pulse ?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 04:58:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 7:30 PM, Lenny Story <lenny at codematic.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Ok... so i'll just make it a rising edge pulse of ~500ms.  That should be
> enough time for a linux box to detect it.

I would vote for a non-symetric waveform so you can see if it is inverted.

I don't think the pulse is detected by software.  It's an interrupt.
The Linux PPS handler reads the clock and stores it.  Latter software
that "reads" the PPS is given the stored time tag. I'm pretty sure the
interrupt hardware is trigged by the edge.  Choose the length so a
human (you) can detect it

--
=====
Chris Albertson