[time-nuts] WWVB Measurements

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Mar 31 08:03:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 17:48:12 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> Does anybody have any ideas on how much better you could do with an ADC and
> DSP?

There are many. From simple high-tap filters to sofisticated methods
like maximum likelyhood decoders.

The field is vast and quite well worked on. The book "Digital Transmission
Engineering" by J.B. Anderson provides a good cover of the basic techniques
used today, not only DSP based, but in generall. Although the book would
counts for me as light reading, it is a graduate level text. I.e. you need
some good grasp of signal theorie and some math to understand what's written.
It is nevertheless easy to understand even if you dont get all the math.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin