[time-nuts] USB and Mouse conflict persists

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Wed May 11 12:52:12 UTC 2011

Hello The Net:

Since my motherboard died, I want to transfer the T'Bolt to another
computer.
I am running XP Pro with a USB laser mouse and a USB to serial adapter
to the T'Bolt.
The USB to serial adapter drivers are on hand and they loaded nicely,
with the computer setting the USB port to COM10.
System worked fine with Lady Heather on the original computer.

I tried using the mod to the    boot.ini file.    I added:

NoSerialMice:COM10       on the very first line.

To date I still have a conflict with the mouse

I can move the COM port assignment for the adapter, but I can not find
what COM port the mouse is using.
The mouse does use IRQ 12.

USBView software does show which USB ports are used, but not the mouse
COM port assignment.

How do I fix (permanently assign) the Com port used for the mouse, so
there is no conflict  ?

Thanks for the help,

Stan, W1LE     Cape Cod    FN41sr

ZZZZZz