[time-nuts] USB and Mouse conflict persists

Paul Davis ziggy9 at pumpkinbrook.com
Wed May 11 14:04:26 UTC 2011

Stan and the list:

This topic has come up a number of times, and I've been annoyed by the
behavior as well. The solution I have found is to use a little utility
called 'NoSerialMouse' that was created by Marcio Borges. It requires no
installation, you can just run it as needed. You will be able to choose
the com port(s) you wish to address. It's solved my problem on my
Win7-64 box.  Unfortunately, the author's website is apparently dead, so
I have placed it on my website at
http://www.pumpkinbrook.com/files/NoSerialMouse.zip . Although the file
is clean, you guys don't know me from Adam, so use proper caution before
running it (virus scan, etc.).

Hope this helps. This is such a common problem, maybe this should be
placed in the files area.

73s,
Paul - K9MR