[time-nuts] OT Interesting microwave assembly

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:39:20 UTC 2011

Sorry for the Off Topic nature of this but things haven't been too on topic
of late. Anyway, I digress. I stumbled across an interesting microwave
assembly and I know there are some microwave nuts around here, I think some
of our European friends. It has a Delphi (I could find no trace of them)
DE127-02 Microwave source. I thought the output frequency was 12.7 GHz, but
it can't be. Perhaps the reference is 12.7 MHz. This feeds into a Milliwave
OS5PO amplifier which is labeled as 25.3 to 25.5 GHz. This feeds an assembly
I assume is a mixer. The other input to this mixer? is from another little
unlabeled block with power wires which feeds a waveguide isolator and
filter. I am assuming these last two. The output feeds a Trak 60A3001
isolator which is listed as 2 to 4 GHz. So, this would appear to be a 25 to
roughly 27 GHz downconverter. I have no way to test it, though I would love
to. If anyone is interested or has info, please contact me off list.