[time-nuts] light squared test

tom jones epoch_time at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 02:50:10 UTC 2011

The local NBC news in las vegas reported tonight (5-18-11) that next week, piolets flying at night may find gps unreliable or unuseable do to lightsquared testing broadband internet equipment in a frequency band adjacent to gps frequency.  And that las vegas falls within a 350 mile radius of this testing..

Anybody have anymore info on this test. I've been reading posts here on timenuts about likely interference to gps receivers . And  the fcc rushing license's for lightsquared. But I wasn't aware of any tests.  Does anyone know where lightsquared is testing its transmitters that las vegas would fall within lightsquared's 350 mile radius.