[time-nuts] Sidereal timekeeping

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Thu May 19 12:50:14 UTC 2011

Hi Bob,

Certainly!  Silicon and programming is so cheap that you
can do wonderful things in tiny little spaces that takes
virtually no power to run.  A 12 pin PIC microprocessor
could easily add that level of control to such a clock
or watch motor driver.

I stopped looking at analog quartz wristwatches when they
were in the driving generation I described below.  I would
be shocked if there hadn't been an order of magnitude improvement
since then.

My personal preference is for highly jeweled totally mechanical
automatic winding  wristwatches.  My hobby compels me to have
high accuracy time and frequency around, but my life just
doesn't run with that kind of precision.

-Chuck Harris